On July 16th, 2010, I got engaged. On May 29th, 2011, I will no longer be engaged, but married — by definition.
I saw this phrase on this blog the other day
“Don’t Just Stay Married — Stay Engaged.”
How huge is it to embrace an intentional mindset to continuously stay engaged even after the wedding day.
But wait, you were already engaged — your married now..
- True, you may be married now, but try looking at the word “engaged” as a verb rather than a period of X months before a wedding..
What does this look like?
- By engaging in your marriage, you are:
- communicating with each other
- supporting/encouraging each other
- serving each other
- praying with each other
- actively leading
- setting goals together
- acting according to their love language
- being intentional with your actions
- being affectionate
Engage in your fiance/spouse. Don’t let the “engagement” stage die just because the wedding came and went..
What else can you do to actively stay engaged in your marriage/relationships?